This little light is on my keychain and makes for a good conversation piece.
What I like:
- At night it will throw pretty far
- Beam is tight with little spill
- People are always shocked after I turn the light on and then they see what I'm holding.
What I Dislike
- Obviously battery life for such a small light will not last long. I purchased an extra battery and a keychain pill holder that fits the battery just right.
- The finish is already showing wear, with scuff marks from my other keys, revealing the grey.
- The red light is barely visible thru the button membrane. I thought it just wasn't working until I noticed I had to hold it at a very specific angle to see any glimpse of the red.
- The button membrane too easily easily comes off when pulling it out of your pocket due to the friction of pants and the rubber material. (I was actually warned about this by another owner but didn't believe it.) The button is not even attached, it is just tucked in around the edges. One night I got home and saw the button missing which left no way to operate the light. Fortunately I searched the pockets of the last pair of shorts I was wearing, found the little membrane piece and tucked it back in, adding a touch of krazy glue to make sure it doesn't fall off again. (I really don't know how this is IPX8 rated when the button cover has a small lip that just tucks under the fitting to hold it in place.
That being said, I still like this light. It actually makes me want a larger version of it, like the Mini or Micro. It would be nice to have an optional longer tube which could house 2 batteries for longer life.
If $40 doesn't break the bank, you should definitely add this to your collection. Just be careful when pulling it out of your tight pockets, and the rubber button will stick from friction and come off, leaving no way to turn the light on or off, which will render it useless.